Sunday, January 30, 2011

FAMILY

Its been really busy lately in the Hamrick house.  Trying to prepare for Brad's Career Course.  He will be taking the camper down there.  That should be fun for us.  We plan on taking the kids up there on the weekends to go fishing.  I think they will enjoy it for sure.  I know Fain and I will.  I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

We had someone to come take a look at the house.  They said it showed well, which pleased me.  At least it was positive feedback.  The only fact that deterred them from making an offer was that it was not quite big enough...

What I have to say to that is....Is can't change the square footage of the house (with more money I am sure I could but we wont go there). So their reason was both justifiable and excusable.  If for any other reason....we would have had some leg work to do to help along the next showing (whenever that would be).   All in all, I think it went well.  Power of Positive thinking, Right?

My Mema, Aunt Marie, and Uncle Wendy came over for dinner last night.  It was really nice to see them all.  We had Chicken Cordon Blue....courtesy of myself....LOL...a rare occasion.  Don't laugh at me!  I made cabbage and curry roasted potatoes...Fain made some brownies and we put some vanilla ice cream on top.  Only Mema and I got cherries on top....That's just because we are special.  Mema and Aunt Marie brought over banana pudding for us too.  It was made at Smithfields....It was great...it just doesn't hold a candle to my Mema's home made.  I love you Mema!

I was able to finish my Aunt Marie's handbag too!  I was so excited....It only  took me 4 months to finish...With Christmas and many other things...hers got put on hold.  She is understanding and I think maybe after seeing it finally she was forgiving.  Maybe......Cross my fingers anyhow...I love you too Aunt Marie!

I am not very good with zippers.  In fact this is only my second time making a bag with one.  So...excuse any flaws you may be able to point out....Over all I think it turned out well.  Also the pics are taken with my phone...so they may be a bit blurry.


These bags take more time to make.  Time is something I don't get a lot of, so.  I would love to be able to make one for everyone that asks...but the fact is...I do it in my spare time.  This means it could take me a long time to finish one or two...Its hard to keep the kids out of my shop too because they are so interested in scissors, markers, paper, fabric, and even my sewing machine (WHICH IS OFF LIMITS)...FOR SURE!....  I try to include them as much as possible, but I am left with the fear that they are going to injure themselves or each other...

....or cut 7 inches of curls off....those of you who know me...know exactly the little bossy pants I am referring to.... ARGH!!!

Though it has been a crazy busy week,  it has been filled with family visits, productitivity, and progress, so I am happy about that and look forward to next week.

Next week, I go to visit Amanda for her birthday...Remember the SURPRISE.....the one my lovely husband decided to give away.  More to follow on that trip.  We plan on making a few little things...So more productivity.  We will see....LOL...

2 comments:

  1. That bag is awesome!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Pics are questionable...but understandably so...seeming as I don't have the mad skills as you AND....they were taken with my phone...LOL...I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...