Monday, January 17, 2011

SUPRISE !!!

Its my friend Amanda's Birthday on February 3rd and we haven't spent one together in  quite a long time.  So, I had planned on surprising her by driving to Augusta, GA for a visit.

Well, she just left today from a visit with me here in Fayetteville...and while here, my husband who is always getting onto me for spoiling my surprises....decides to let the cat out of the bag and tell her I was coming up for her birthday!  RATS!  I was so irritated...but it was pretty funny at the same time. At least Amanda thought so....Argh!!  This way now maybe she and I can plan something really fun together to do.

Until then,  I am going to continue to work on the photos I took of her baby, Clay and get them ready to save to disc for her.  Hopefully she will like them all.  Like I said I am not a professional.  It was a great learning experience though to have such a  wonderful little baby to work with.  He is the most content baby, full of smiles, sweetness, and coos.  It was lovely to get to cuddle with him, play with him, and get him to smile back at me.  You can truely see how much he loves his mommy.  There are a couple of the photos where I was able to capture that and how much she adores his little grins.

I love this picture of Amanda and Clay.  The sweetness that they share.  It's just so pure.  She is such a great Mommy.


Its funny when they are so small how soon we forget the little things they do that light up our world.   I was happy she was able to come up and share that with me and my family this weekend.

Lets not forget Addison.  Like Amanda said, "I have never seen trains played with so much until this weekend".  The three children were glued to train tracks, enough to travel from our bedroom down the hall and into Pop's bedroom and around again...even enough to make a pit stop through Makayla's room.  It was nice to see them enjoy each other and the trains so much.

Brad was such a big help this weekend too.  He took the kids to Monkey Joes.  For those of you who do not now what that is...its a indoor Bounce House.  The kids love it and it wears them out.  They were gone for a couple of hours, just long enough for me to get a few shots in of Clay on my camera.

When they got back, they had pizza and crashed!  So even after taking the photos, there was enough quiet time to work on editing them.  I still learning a few tricks with editing photos too.  Check this one out of Clay.


I added a blur because I like the softness it added to the picture.  There is a bit more blur than I like to use usually.  I did this because the backdrop we used wasn't hung very well.  I love him in this photo...He is such a HAM.  Loves to smile a lot.  Amanda and I made this woven blanket for a photo prop out of yarn.  It turned out well with hers and mine layered even.


I like this one because he was sleeping so peacefully.  You can see the texture that the semi woven blanket of yarn adds.  I am sure if I knew what I was doing completely, I could have really captured more with my camera.  Either way, He is a beautiful baby boy wrapped up in the comforts of something homemade and Amanda and I both know it!  LOL.


How about these feet?  I left a copy in color too....I just had to have a copy in black in white.  His feet are so cute.  Makes me wish I was as inclined to learn how to use my camera when my own two kids were babies.  Again...ARGH!!!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the photos.  I am working diligently to improve on taking them.  Thank you Amanda for allowing me to practice with taking these photos of sweet baby Clay.  I really enjoyed every minute of it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  I am off to a good nights sleep for another week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...